Sunday 18 May 2014

About me

Hi my name is Aly, I am in mid 20's and I was diagnosed with Celiac disease almost 3 years ago.  Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease where my body reacts by attacking itself when it detects the presence of gluten. Additionally, I have also been lactose intolerant all of my life. Luckily I love to cook and bake and therefore when I'm having a craving for something that isn't normally gluten free I attempt to make it and take lactase enzyme pills 

I'm Canadian (eh); however I moved across the pond to London two years ago to find work and travel Europe. I feel like I've been able to find success in both of these tasks, I'm currently working in the financial sector, and when I finish the trip I'm currently on in Italy will have travelled to 17 cities outside of London.

In this blog I hope to share with you the ups and downs of travelling and living gluten free (GF) in London and in the destinations I find myself in. Insights on the best - and safest - places to eat GF and amazing recipes that I stumble upon and hopefully the GF success stories that result from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment